Well, it doesn’t have Prequel 1.1 since, well, I haven’t finished it yet Sorry! It is coming. In the meantime, I decided it was time to update the release to the substantially more stable .8 release I’ve been sitting on for two months. Documentation and example site will be updated to .8 within 24 hours.
EDIT – Documentation, sample files, and example site have all been released using .8 BETA.
Notable changes include (there were alot of additional small fixes in there too):
- loadSubSWF method now contains the parameter ‘deepLink’ as the second parameter. deeplink values throughout fosfr are now arrays, allowing for unlimited depth on deeplink foldering via swfaddress.
- new top level method ‘setSubLink’, to match up to handleSubLink. Shortcuts to swfaddresshandler.setaddress() method. similarly to handleSubLink, the paramter is an array representing the deeplink folder structure.
- SWFfAddressHandler model rebuilt, new methods detailed in documentation.
- Custom error and notification handling, with the ability to trap errors to the debug panel. Debug panel highlights errors in red.
- new property ‘available’ in both loader classes, specifies that the loader is available for use.
- new method in navigation, ‘initialSubload()’. If autosubload is false, call this method instead of loadSubSWF to ensure any stray deeplinks from the intial load are processed through.
- JSONHandler bug fixed where the …rest statement was improperly passing values as a single array instead of individual unique parameters.
- Changes to tracking package: new property, ‘trackAllMethods’, specifies whether all methods instantiated for tracking receive the tag specified in the ‘track’ method. If true, every method will fire for each tag. If false, only the default (the first) method specified will fire. Using specific methods can now be acheived using the second parameter of the ‘track’ method, ‘forceMethod’. This is a string value from the new ‘TrackingMethods’ class in the tracking package, specifying the name of the method to fire. If trackAllMethods is true, specifying a name here will force only that method to be used.
- new flashvars parameter, ‘checkDeeplink’, gets around the ‘#’ issue with SWFAddress links. Addresses can be written instead as ‘http://www.domain.com/?deeplink=subpage/sublink’ and it will be converted on load to: ‘http://www.domain.com/#/subpage/sublink’for proper swfaddress formatting.
- Fixed numerous glitches in FosfrLiteSWF.
- SubSWF files are now not required and Main/Shell only implementations can now be created. Config files need not include the navigation node in this use case.
- Bug fix in SWFAddressHandler, addressed improper handling of ‘showProjectInTitle’ property.
- Bug fix in SWFAddressHandler addressing false dispatches of an empty array for sublinks when a deeplink is cached on load, subLinks is now defaulted to null at all times.
- Bug fix in SWFAddressHandler addressing unrequested dispatch of a change event when sub link is set via setSubLink().